- Initial thorough spelling test including basic alphabetical awareness to accurately identify starting points.
- Includes flashcards of both the sounds and names alphabet to allow pupils to create the alphabet sequentially and select the correct letters to create the taught words.
- Supports the reader to read and write simple ‘CVC’ words (consonant, vowel, consonant words) and move steadily through early spelling rules mostly listed on the front cover enlarged below.
- Letter and number direction assessment to highlight visual acuity.
- Introduces regular past and present tense.
- Comprehension exercises throughout via sentence fill-ins using taught words.