- Initial thorough spelling test and homophone tests and word searches all help to assess competence and efficiently identify weak areas.
- All common double vowel sounds included with the emphasis on placing images of words with the same letter groups together to enhance uptake. Competence tested via sentence fill – ins.
- Gradually explores the variable truth of the maxim ‘if 2 vowels go out walking the first vowel does the talking.’
- Includes simple double vowels such as ‘ee’ and ‘ay’ accessible for younger/ less able pupils and also covers trickier double vowels such as: medial ‘ue’ and ‘ui’ and ‘ou +r’ as in ‘ranc our.‘
- Useful revisionary tool in preparation for Key Stage 2 exams or/and common entrance and as a remedial tool for older pupils.