Significant change in regulations related to evidence for a DSA grant in higher education

Currently if a student wants to be considered eligible for a Disability Support Allowance (DSA) due to for instance Dyslexia, whilst in Higher Education, they have to provide an assessment carried out beyond the age of sixteen. As of February 2019 this has changed, they can provide a report carried out at any age, as long as it has been carried out by an assessor qualified to do so. This means that the assessor has to have the ‘SpLD APC’ qualification or be an HCPC registered psychologist. I will update this post as more information becomes available.